Behringer Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2
Four Channels of Pro-tested Dynamics
Harnessing the same dynamics control as Behringer’s popular 2-channel Composer Pro-XL MDX2600, the 4-channel Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 is one of the most cost-effective expander/gate/compressor/limiters you’re going to find. Its Interactive Knee Adaptation (IKA) circuit keeps compression smooth and transparent, while Interactive Ratio Control (IRC) adds elegant subtlety to gate/expander functions. Stereo linking between channels 1/2 and 3/4 is super useful for bus processing, and the Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 even gives you switchable dynamic enhancement to add extra life to your content.
Time-tested Compression and Limiting
Generations of music producers and audio engineers have relied on Behringer’s Composer compressor/limiter models to reach their ideal sound. In fact, it’s one of the industry’s secret weapons. This Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 includes four channels of that very same dynamics processing, complete with the acclaimed Interactive Knee Adaptation (IKA) circuit. This soft-knee processor adjusts the compression ratio on the fly, clamping down entirely only when your signal gets really hot. The result is super clean and super smooth—perfect for ironing out vocals, especially when you combine it with the Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2’s switchable low contour filter.
Set-and-forget Expander and Gate
Expanders and gates can be incredibly useful, but they tend to be temperamental. Get your expander/gate dialed in perfectly, and it all goes belly up when the average level changes just a bit. Behringer’s Interactive Ratio Control (IRC) lets the Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 stay one step ahead of your material, adjusting instantly to keep your signal noise free, without cutting off your transients.
Loaded with Useful Extras
There’s a lot more to the Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 than basic dynamics management. For instance, while some compression (especially heavy compression) can leave your material sounding a little flat, the Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 won’t let you down. Its switchable dynamic enhancer adds life and vitality to your material, no matter how hard you lay on the compression.
Need to process stereo material? With its independent stereo links, you can convert the first two and the second two channels into stereo pairs. Top it off with separate 8-segment LED meters, selectable input levels, and high-quality components including servo-balanced I/O, and you can see just how much value the Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 has to offer.
Behringer Multicom Pro-XL MDX4600 V2 Dynamics Processor Features:
- Fully loaded 4-channel dynamics processor
- Each channel features compressor, limiter, expander, and gate functions
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee compression
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry offers transparent noise suppression that won’t kill your transients
- Switchable dynamic Enhancer keeps audio bright and vibrant, even with heavy compression
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and limiter functions for clean and discreet protection against signal peaks
- Switchable low-contour filter prevents pumping due to heavy bass
- Stereo couple function selectable for channels 1/2 and 3/4
- Separate 8-segment LED meters let you keep an eye on input and output levels for monitoring gain reduction
- Selectable operating level (+4 dBu/-10 dBV)
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs include 1/4″ TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life