The Hercules DJStarter Kit combines the DJControl Starlight Controller with a pair of DJMonitor 32 active speakers and a pair of HDP DJ M40.1 headphones to create a comprehensive DJ setup that’s well suited for the beginner DJ, home enthusiast, or professional who is on the go. The DJControl Starlight includes a free copy of Serato DJ Lite.
Hercules DJControl Starlight – DJ Software Controller with Serato DJ Lite
The Hercules DJControl Starlight is an ultra-portable USB DJ control surface designed to work with the included Serato DJ Lite software and is well suited for beginner DJs, home enthusiasts, or professional DJs on the go. The Starlight offers exclusive modes that work with Serato DJ Lite or Serato DJ Pro and offer all the key features required for learning to mix and scratch.
Two touch-responsive jog wheels allow for cueing and beat matching of their respective tracks, while the on-board crossfader and two volume knobs seamlessly mix the two tracks together. Each deck features a bass-EQ/filter that allows you to enhance the sound, while the available onboard Serato effects sweeten the mix. The controller is USB bus powered and equipped with four pads, each operating in four modes (hot-cue, loop, FX, & sampler) per deck. Additionally, the controller includes a built-in 24-bit / 44.1 kHz audio interface with separate master and headphone outputs. The DJControl Starlight ships with a USB cable.
- Ideal for transporting
- Ergonomics that adapt perfectly to your laptop
- Concentrated Djing: All the essential functionality in an ultra-portable design
Two-Deck DJ Controller
- Built-In Audio:
- Master output (speakers) + headphones output
- Controls Per Deck:
- Jog wheel with touch detection; control pause/play by releasing your touch
- Pads: 4 pads and 4 modes (hot-cue, loop, FX, sampler)
- Tempo (pitch) fader
- Mixer Controls:
- Bass EQ/filter knobs + deck volume knobs
- Crossfader: Mix between the two decks
- Master volume knob and deck monitoring selection buttons (decks 1/2)
Serato DJ Lite Software
- Two exclusive modes for a better understanding of the 4-beat bar and how to count the beats in a song:
- Beat 1 Program: LEDs light up red with the first beat of the main track and blue with the following beats, turning off between each beat
- Beat 2 Program: LEDs light up in red with the first beat of the main song and blue with the following beats, without turning off
- A volume-synced mode:
- Master Volume Program: LEDs light up in white (strobe effect) and their intensity varies with the volume
- Two modes to cue and navigate within the tracks:
- Waveform Color Program: Two LEDs per turntable mimic the waveform colors of the respective tracks
- Cue Point Color Program: Two LEDs per turntable light up gradually depending on the color of the upcoming Cue Point
Hercules DJMonitor 32 – 3″ Active Multimedia Speakers (Pair)
The Hercules DJMonitor 32 Active Multimedia Speakers are sold as a pair and well suited for DJ monitoring applications, project studio recording, laptop audio, gaming consoles, and much more. The DJMonitor 32’s design utilizes a powered right speaker that connects to the passive left speaker. The internal amplifier provides 60W of (peak) power to the 3″ woofer and tweeter, which combine to offer a frequency response of 60 Hz to 20 kHz. The MDF enclosure is ported for enhanced bass response. The rear of the left speaker features the power plug, stereo RCA inputs, and the terminal block to connect the right satellite speaker. The front of the active speaker features a volume control. The Hercules DJMonitor 32 includes a satellite connection cable and a power cable.
- Designed with high-end components for optimal precision and sound reproduction, as well as remarkable listening quality
- Volume control from front of speaker
- Engineers developed DJMonitor 32 speakers in a professional anechoic chamber
- Input from specialists in the world of DJing and an in-depth study by audio professionals allowed for optimization of the speakers’ performance
- 3″ woofer
- Shifted vents and tweeters for great sound spatialization
- Clear and powerful sound
- Speaker Positioning
- For optimal positioning of the speakers, there should be a 60° angle between the two satellites and between the user and the satellites
- It is also important that the speakers be positioned at a height whereby the listener’s ears are level with the midpoint between the speaker’s tweeters and wide-band drivers
Hercules HDP DJ M 40.1 Headphones
The HDP DJ M 40.1 Headphones by Hercules are a pair of closed-back circumaural headphones that feature 50mm drivers and a frequency response range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
The matte black headphones have an adjustable headband and robust hinges above the earcups. The earcups rotate 180 degrees and twist horizontally 90 degrees, so you can swivel them for single-ear monitoring. Both the headband and the earcups are cushioned for extended wear. The ear-pads cover the ear for audio isolation from ambient noise and seal the ear to prevent sound leakage.
Included, is a 1/4″ gold-plated adapter, which screws on to the 3.5mm connector at the end of the cable. This adapter allows you to connect to audio devices that have a 1/4″ plug such as mixers, controllers, amps and more.