The Ultimate First Arranger
For many reasons, the Yamaha PSR-E263 Portable Arranger is the ultimate beginner keyboard/arranger. As the successor to the PSR-E253, it is packed with 400 stunning instrument voices and a wealth of accompaniment styles — and it features 61 full-sized keys, onboard lessons, and 32-note polyphony. Onboard you’ll also find the Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) — and of course a Portable Grand Piano button to return quickly to the main piano voice for practice and performance. The PSR-E263 is somewhat smaller and lighter than its predecessor and features 10 extra preset songs that can be learned via the Y.E.S. lessons.
Extra-nice edition of an already-winning design
The 61-key Yamaha PSR-E263 Portable Arranger has the same phrase recorder as the PSR-E253 — great for capturing ideas or whole songs, which can then be played back through the keyboard’s built-in speakers or headphone jack. But the PSR-E263 has 15 extra voices in which to record phrases (400 total) — for even greater creative freedom — as well as 30 extra music styles to explore and 112 preset songs to practice and perform, utilizing Yamaha’s nine-step Song Lesson program. Duo mode even lets you split the keys up into two separate keyboards with the same octave range for teacher/student partner practice. Sweetwater Academy of Music and Technology instructors love the PSR-E263’s many useful upgrades!
Yamaha PSR-E263 Portable Arranger Features:
- 61 full-sized keys with synth action facilitate transition to other arrangers as players advance
- 32-note polyphony encourages more complex and imaginative musical expression
- Backlit LCD allows users to read the screen under any lighting conditions
- Portable Grand button gives quick access to the beautiful Yamaha Portable Grand Piano voice
- Yamaha Education Suite allows you to practice preset songs or your own tunes through the aux in
- 112 accompaniment styles add a backing band to your performance or practice
- Duo mode splits the keyboard into 2 halves with the same octave range for partner practice
- Built-in effects (reverb, chorus, and panel sustain) add interest to the 400 voices and spark creativity
- Smaller and lighter than its predecessor for enhanced portability