A Traditional Piano Playing Experience
Offering traditional upright piano looks and superb sound, the Yamaha Arius YDP-103R makes an ideal studio piano for seasoned musicians and an effective practice tool for students. Experience realistic key response, by virtue of the YDP-103R’s Graded Hammer Action (GHS) keybed, while half-damper pedal control gives rise to impressive levels of expressive realism. Yamaha’s AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) sampling supplies you with rich-sounding voices that resonate beautifully from the YDP-103R’s high-quality built-in speakers. The Yamaha Arius YDP-103R digital home piano makes a fine addition to any studio or living room.
Traditional upright-piano look makes a striking first impression
Before you even get your hands on the the Yamaha Arius YDP-103R, you’ll be stunned by its richly-finished rosewood cabinet and elegant appointments. These give the Arius an inviting acoustic allure that won’t look out of place in a living room, teaching studio, recital hall, or house of worship.
GHS graded hammer action plays more like an acoustic piano
Our keyboardists have been impressed with the Arius piano’s Graded Hammer Action (GHS) keybeds. This feature gives the Yamaha Arius YDP-103R a realistic key response that’s heavier in the bass side and lighter on the top end. Matte black keytops absorb sweat and moisture to keep fingers from slipping through extended periods of use. Though not quite as realistic feeling as the higher-end Ariuses, the YDP-103R does a great job for students and weekenders.
AWM sampling and built-in speaker system for realistic grand piano sound
Yamaha’s AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) sampling employs digital technology to record an instrument’s sound, and then applies a high-quality digital filter to the recorded samples. Using pairs of waveforms captured by two microphones for Left and Right, AWM Stereo Sampling creates a deeper, richer and more spacious soundstage. You’ll also appreciate the Arius YDP-103R’s built-in dual 6W speaker system. Just turn it on and you can start performing — there’s no need to connect any other gear. That makes the YDP-103R the perfect transition from an acoustic instrument to the benefits of a digital one.
Half-damper pedal control gives rise to expressive realism
The Yamaha Arius YDP-103R possesses the traditional compliment of damper, sostenuto, and soft pedals. Half-damper pedal control yields detailed nuance and subtlety, almost like pedaling on a real acoustic piano. This feature allows continuously increasing lengths of sustained notes, from slight to full, depending on how far you press the sustain pedal. So if your playing sounds excessively loud or murky, you can release the pedal halfway or higher to decrease the sustain.
Yamaha Arius YDP-103R Digital Home Piano Features:
- 88 Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) keys provide realistic acoustic piano feel
- Detailed, full-stereo AWM sampling provides deeply rich grand piano sound
- Add dimension to your sound with 4 reverb effect styles
- Combine 2 voices together to create inspiring new sounds
- Perform live with built-in stereo speakers driven by dual 6W amplifiers
- Half-damper pedal control yields detailed nuance and subtlety
- Duo mode splits the keyboard into two identical sections — great for student lessons
- A variety of preset songs are provided for your listening pleasure
- Make adjustments quickly with the Digital Piano Controller app for iOS
- Connect to your computer or mobile device via USB for expanded functionality